Rock Island DUI Defense
If have been charged with a DUI in Rock Island County, You need a Qualified Lawyer
DUI • Driving Under the Influence • Rock Island County, Illinois
Rock Island DUI Attorneys • Steve Hanna • Jonathan Ruud•
(source: ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2015 the information on this page is not intended to be legal advice, and is informational only)
In Illinois, Driving under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol is a violation under the Illinois Compiled Statues (625 ILCS 5/11-501). The powers of a local authority to enact or enforce any ordinance or rule with respect to the streets or highways under its jurisdiction relating to driving under the influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds, or any combination thereof is limited to the enactment and enforcement of ordinances or rules the violation of which would constitute a misdemeanor under Section 11-501 of the Illinois Vehicle Code.
625 ILCS 5/11-501of the Illinois Compiled Statue States:
Driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds or any combination thereof.
(a) A person shall not drive or be in actual physical control of any vehicle within this State while:
(1) the alcohol concentration in the person's blood or breath is 0.08 or more based on the definition of blood and breath units in Section 11-501.2
Request a Consultation
(2) under the influence of alcohol;
(3) under the influence of any intoxicating compound or combination of intoxicating compounds to a degree that renders the person incapable of driving safely;
(4) under the influence of any other drug or combination of drugs to a degree that renders the person incapable of safely driving;
(5) under the combined influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, or intoxicating compound or compounds to a degree that renders the person incapable of safely driving; or
(6) there is any amount of a drug, substance, or compound in the person's breath, blood, or urine resulting from the unlawful use or consumption of cannabis listed in the Cannabis Control Act, a controlled substance listed in the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, an intoxicating compound listed in the Use of Intoxicating Compounds Act, or methamphetamine as listed in the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act. Subject to all other requirements and provisions under this Section, this paragraph (6) does not apply to the lawful consumption of cannabis by a qualifying patient licensed under the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act who is in possession of a valid registry card issued under that Act, unless that person is impaired by the use of cannabis.
(b) The fact that any person charged with violating this Section is or has been legally entitled to use alcohol, cannabis under the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act, other drug or drugs, or intoxicating compound or compounds, or any combination thereof, shall not constitute a defense against any charge of violating this Section.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this Section, any person convicted of violating subsection (a) of this Section is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
To Learn More about DUI • Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol, in Rock Island County, Illinois please visit http://www.ilga.gov/
As an Attorney for Hanna & Ruud LLC, Jon has devoted the majority of his practice to criminal and DUI defense in Rock Island County and Henry County for the last 10 years. Jon has extensive experience in suppressing evidence in drunk driving and drug related cases. Jon has experience in everything from minor traffic cases and misdemeanors, to drug trafficking and murder cases. Jon also has over ten years experience as a Rock Island DUI Lawyer. Read More about “Rock Island DUI Attorney Jonathan Ruud”…
How to Choose a DUI Lawyer
What should you consider when choosing a DUI or Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer? 1. Is the Attorney’s Primary Focus DUI and Criminal Defense? One of the most complicated and complex areas of criminal law is DUI and Drunk Driving Defense. A skilled DUI Defense Attorney must have a working knowledge and understanding of all of […] Read More about “DUI Rock Island County Illinois”…
If you have been charged with DUI OWI or Traffic offense, you need an Attorney who knows and understands the nuances of the laws in Illinois and Iowa. Unlike some Attorneys, when we start your cases, the last thing we think about is a guilty plea. We review all police reports and police videos to determine if there was a sufficient reason for the stop. We also work with many renowned medical and scientific experts, who have been trained to understand the equipment and techniques used by law enforcement. Through our in depth legal research and connections in the medical and scientific community, we have achieved some great results for our clients, including having charges dismissed, suppression of the traffic stop due to no probable cause, not guilty by jury/bench trial, and charges reduced with no loss of driving privileges. We understand that every case is different, and our legal team does the due diligence and insures you get the due process you are entitled to! Read More about “Understand the Impact of a DUI, DWI,OWI Arrest”…