Probable cause is essentially the reason for law enforcement to initiate a traffic stop.
Examples of rolling probable cause are:
- License plate light not working
- Broken windshield;
- Expired registration tags;
- Objects hanging from your mirror;
- No front license plate;
- License plate obstructed by dirt or snow;
- Broken driver side mirror;
- Tinted driver or front passenger windows; and
- Broken headlight or tail light.
A quality Attorney can suppress a traffic stop were there was no probable cause, however, even the most qualified Lawyers will have a difficult time if a vehicle has any of the above problems.
So please, for the sake of your attorney, don’t drive a rolling probable cause vehicle.